To change this, I wrote a little tool that renames the windows title of each SWG process running to
"server.logged_toon - Star Wars Galaxies"
So you can see when switching between the different windows with alt+tab which account you're switching to.
- Usage of the tool:
- first launch one instance of the game and log in a toon (you may even load all accounts and log in the toons on them)
- now run the tool
- all windows titles should now update every second with the logged in toon and server of each account.
- to end the tool and restore the default windows title, hit the "End"-key on your keyboard once.
The tool should work even when there are client updates, since it's using a scan pattern for finding the offsets it needs. Well... at least I hope it does, we will see at the next update
- known limitations:
- it may display garbage or a wrong name from the current loaded account when run first time and no toon logged in (the game is waiting at the character select screen)
- it may display the name of the toon logged in at the first account for a brief moment on the windows title of the second (or third, fourth, ...) account logging in, if you launch those game instances after the tool was started
- when returning to character select screen the last logged in Server / Name will stay in the windows title until you log in another toon of the account.
- Using this tool may break other scripts that look for the exact default windows title ("Star Wars Galaxies")
Hope, this little tool is useful for someone.
- Stop-Key for the tool can now be configured via an ini-file. The config line in the inifile is *CASE SENSITIVE*!
If the inifile is missing, the tool defaults to using the "End" key.
- Process ID is displayed in windows title
Get it here